What could possibly be better for you than a huge platter piled high with vibrant green leaves, sprouts, crisp cucumber, sweet sun-ripend tomatoes, creamy avocado, spicy radishes, tangy blueberries and a lemony dressing?! Nothing! It’s time for you to enjoy the best of what summer has to offer, so head to your veggie patch, community garden or local farmers market and find some seasonal greens to whip up this bowl of nourishment. I can’t promise you’ll end up looking like a summer goddess but I can promise you’ll feel like one. And its all about whats on the inside, right?
Summer Goddess Salad
Serves 4 as a side
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 head of baby cos lettuce
- 100g baby rocket
- 100g pea sprouts
- 150g yellow pear tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), halved
- 50g blueberries
- 2 radishes, thinly slices
- 1 avocado, large dice
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- edible flowers to garnish (borage, nasturtium, pansy)
- 1/2 white salad onion, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt and cracked pepper
- Wash the lettuces together while pulling the leaves off the stem. Then spin dry all the leaves and place wrapped in a tea-towel in the fridge. This ensure beautifully crisp leaves.
- Wash the rocket and pea sprouts together, spin dry and place wrapped in a tea-towel in the fridge.
- To make the vinaigrette combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and season to taste with salt and pepper. Once mixed add the onion slices and set aside.
- To assemble the salad cover a large platter with 3/4 of the lettuce leaves. Pile over the rocket, pea sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes and avocado. Add in the rest of the lettuce leaves before sprinkling on the blueberries and edible flowers.
- Dress the salad just before serving.
Show me your salads on Instagram by tagging #summergoddesssalad and #goodnessgraciouskitchen